C.I.A. Concludes Saudi Crown Prince Ordered Killing of Khashoggi
- Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s control of Saudi Arabia is such that the killing would not have taken place without his approval, officials said.
- The agency buttressed its assessment with intercepts of the crown prince’s calls in the days before the killing and calls by the kill team to a senior aide.
New Danger in Devastating California Fire: The Air
- The wildfires that have laid waste to vast parts of California are filling the air with so much smoke that it ranks among the dirtiest in the world.
- Near Paradise, Calif., an apocalyptic fog cloaked the roads, evacuees wandered in white masks and officials said respiratory hospitalizations had surged.
Trump Proposes a New Way Around Birth Control Mandate
- The Trump administration is making it easier for employers to exclude birth control from health insurance benefits provided under the Affordable Care Act.
- It has come up with a new justification, saying that female employees can obtain contraceptives at family planning clinics for low-income people.
We’d like your thoughts on the New York Times home page experience.Let us know what you think