Pope Opens Summit on Sexual Abuse: ‘Hear the Cry of the Little Ones’
- Pope Francis addressed 190 church leaders at a historic summit meeting devoted to the scourge of child sexual abuse.
- Francis said that the Roman Catholic Church was obliged to discuss the matter in a “sincere and in-depth manner.”
A Staggering Exodus: Millions of Venezuelans Are Leaving the Country, on Foot
- Venezuela’s economic crisis has driven more than three million people to leave the country in recent years.
- They are fleeing shortages of food, water, electricity and medicine, as well as the government’s political crackdowns.
Jussie Smollett Arrested on Felony Charge, Accused of Faking Own Assault
- The “Empire” actor was accused of staging the assault he reported as a hate crime to the Chicago police in January.
- A grand jury heard evidence that Mr. Smollett falsely reported being attacked, and prosecutors charged him with a felony.
We’d like your thoughts on the New York Times home page experience.Let us know what you think