Movement to Fight Racism Coalesces as Peaceful Protests Swell Nationwide
- Passionate crowds took to the streets Saturday in a mass movement increasingly marked by organization and determination rather than fury.
- Demonstrations, which spread around the world, also grew in smaller American towns, including some with histories of Ku Klux Klan activity.
- Many of the day’s gatherings appeared larger than previous rallies, especially the one in Washington. Here’s the latest.
Virus Updates: Cases Increasing in Over a Third of U.S. States
- As some states are struggling to control the spread, New York’s daily death toll fell to 35, its lowest in two months.
- Brazil removed coronavirus data from a government website, claiming without evidence that states had reported inflated numbers. Here’s the latest.
THE HUMAN TOLL
We’d like your thoughts on the New York Times home page experience.Let us know what you think