Attack in Sri Lanka
Live Updates: ISIS Claims Responsibility for Sri Lanka Bombings
- The Islamic State called the bombers its “fighters,” as a government official claimed that the attacks were payback for attacks at New Zealand mosques.
- The first funerals were held at a church where as many as 100 parishioners were killed, and the number of arrests rose to 40.
The Mueller Report
As Some Democrats Push for Impeachment, Pelosi Urges Caution
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi has tried to convince divided Democrats that they have tools to hold President Trump to account with investigations already begun.
- Underscoring her approach, a House committee subpoenaed Donald F. McGahn II, the former White House counsel, to appear at a hearing.
Can the Census Ask if You’re a Citizen? Supreme Court Will Decide
- The court will hear extended arguments today on whether the Trump administration may add a question about citizenship to census forms in 2020.
- By one government estimate, the question could deter about 6.5 million people from participating, undermining its accuracy.
A flute-playing, twerking, social-media-dominating rapper and singer built a party song that packs all of her joy and charm into three danceable minutes.
We’d like your thoughts on the New York Times home page experience.Let us know what you think